It’s all happened to us at least once in our lives: bitten by the green monster of jealousy. You see a pickup truck rolling down the road, and wished that it was you behind the wheel. If that’s happened to you one too many times, and you’re seriously considering purchasing a used truck in Lakeland, FL, then you’re not alone. We’ve put together 5 reasons why you deserve the truck of your dreams, and there’s sure to be at least one reason you can’t deny!
1. Hauling “Any and Every” Thing: As soon as you experience the convenience of hauling items in a truck bed, you’ll wonder how you went without one. Running to the garden center and hauling back plants, mulch, and fertilizer is snap. Toss the kids’ muddy, grass-caked, sweaty sports gear in the back and go. Then, when you’re done, just hose the bed out, and let it dry in the sun.
2. Towing “Any and Every” Thing: When you can start towing trailers behind your truck, a whole world of possibilities opens up. Get yourself a small boat with a trailer and haul it down to the lake for an impromptu fishing trip. You can rent all sorts of equipment for yard and home work, and just tow it home behind you.
3. Road Trips are Easier Than Ever Before: Packing the family up and going on a weekend camping trip is easy with a pickup truck. No more trying to stuff a car trunk with over-sized items and loads of gear. A pickup is great for any type of road trip since you have so much space for all of the equipment that is usually required for weekend getaways.
4. It’s the Perfect Family Car: There was a time when it was difficult to use a pickup as a family car, and a minivan was your only option for hauling the family around. A truck’s single bench seat and lack of cup holders wasn’t family friendly. Nowadays, pickup trucks are built for families, especially when you opt for an extended cab model. You can pack kids, their friends, their pets, and their stuff into the cab and everyone is comfortable and gets a cup holder.
5. They’re safe and reliable: Pickup trucks are being built to the same high safety and reliability standards of any other vehicle on the road right now. Plus, with a pickup truck, you get the added benefit of being able to go off-road, so there’s less likelihood that you’ll get stuck driving down the muddy dirt road leading to the camp ground.
For help deciding on the perfect used truck in Lakeland, FL that’s right for you, check out the Gibson Truck World blog. Also, feel free to stop by Gibson Truck World in Sanford and take a look for yourself! Call us locally at 407-321-0660, or toll-free at 866-442-7667, and speak with a friendly truck specialists or stop by our showroom.